He has developed into quite a stunning model and has been finding work all over the country so I wanted to highlight him and share some of the amazing images that he has helped create. At the end of the interview there is a gallery of several photos of him. I hope you enjoy!
1. What started your interest in fashion? I'm not exactly sure, but it was likely something like concept art from video games. I often enjoyed the unique outfits and liked the idea of being more expressive in personal style and fashion.
2. When was your first shoot? My first "shoots" were just with friends having fun, that's what got my interest to become more serious and work with professionals.
3. What drew you originally to alternative and darker styles? I think it was just aesthetics, I just discovered I like these kinds of styles more before I was ever interested in modeling. There's a lot more creativity and freedom in alternative styles.
4. What is the origin of the name Kyris? I just made the name in my head. I wanted it to be something original to myself.
7. How do you find inspiration for poses? Honestly, I do the typical mirror posing practice. Sometimes when I try on an outfit I'll listen to music and practice posing the night before.
8. Who are some of your role models or inspirations in the fashion world? I typically look at artwork and the work of clothing designers I enjoy.
9. Have you ever created your own clothes? I've re-worked some of my clothes, usually just by cutting things up. XP
10. What do you think is the biggest misconception about models and modeling? I would have to say, the difficulty of it. Like anything you have be willing to put your time and effort into modeling. A lot of people just assume it's a chance to look pretty and everyone should be willing to cater to their needs.
13. What is the most important thing a photographer can do to help a model? Having a vision of what they want the image or meaning to be.
14. Are you interested in expanding out to styling and makeup not just modeling? Perhaps in the future, it is something to consider.
16. Do you prefer runways or shoots? I'm definitely more particular to photo-shoots.
17. Which do you find more challenging? Why? I would say runway, it's not something I'm as experienced in as theres' always so many people around which makes things chaotic. They can be fun though.
20. Where is your favorite place to shoot? I like an interesting spot on-location as opposed to studio. But, I've done some really great studio shoots so it really just depends on the situation.
21. Have you done art modeling? Yes,a number of times.
22. Do you like shoots that have themes over fashion shoots? I like both, but I like it when fashion shoots have a particular theme or concept as I like usually like to incorporate some type of fashion aspect into most shoots.
24. What challenges you as a model? I think conveying emotion can be challenging at times.
25. What would you like to shoot if given a chance? Certain clothes? Work with a certain photographer? A certain location? I would definitely love to work with a number of clothing designers and do more underwater photography shoots.
I hope this gives you a better idea of what modeling is like for me. Remember you can follow my work and see my photos here: https://www.facebook.com/KyrisArt